Checking Your Website Statistics
Knowing your website's statistics will help you understand different elements regarding the performance of your website.
To check your statistics:
- Go to your website's Dashboard.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Select Statistics.
Browse through the different tabs to learn about your website's performance:
- Traffic and Sources - Understanding the volume of your site traffic and where your site traffic comes from is very important for making decisions relating to your website - It can advise you on how and where to advertise, what keywords to focus on for SEO, etc. We also have a subsection that shows how many of your users came from social networking sites.
- Most Popular Pages - Some pages on your website attract a lot of attention from visitors. You’ll know which pages on your website receive the most traffic and be able to use this information when working on your other pages to increase overall traffic to your website.
- Visitor Devices - Knowing which of devices people are using to visit your website is useful in order to understand how people are finding you - are they doing this using the traditional laptop/desktop, or on the go, with a mobile device or tablet?
- Average Visit Duration - Being able to know how long visitors stay on your site on average is a good metric for figuring out how well your site retains people’s attention. If people don’t spend a lot of time on your site, you can take steps to make your site more interactive or interesting so that users stay longer.
- Visitors Location - Knowing from where your visitors are accessing your website is valuable information, which can help you focus on target markets and cater to regions and places that know about your business and use your website regularly.
- The website statistics tool is available in the Professional and Gold packages only.